Home > Education > Your Music Lives Here
A+ A-

Your Music Lives Here



We're proud to live here.


We are the region’s only resident and full-time professional orchestra. CSO musicians play concerts in over 30 schools, teach students, perform at local churches, festivals, and special events, and, as residents, contribute actively to the Lowcountry.

We are here to serve the community. The organization is dedicated to enriching the lives of more than 10,000 students a year providing intimate exposure to orchestral music while reinforcing core curriculum. With events such as the Share the Stage contest and Young People’s Concerts, we seek to provide music and arts education to local youth. We reach over 30,000 attendees each year at 100+ various concerts, services, and events.

We are here for the future. The CSO is now uniquely positioned for success with: strong leadership, a vibrant and professional staff, commitment from the musicians, and support from the community. We are proud to be the orchestra of a city that has the highest ranking and fastest growing population of four-year college graduates in the U.S. The CSO is a key asset to attract and retain corporations, their employees, and their families in Charleston and the Low Country versus other geographic alternatives.
 

              Donate Now
 

How we are funded: Ticket sales cover just 35% of the CSO’s operating budget while philanthropic support from the community makes up the remaining 65%. You can make a difference today with a gift of any size to the 2012-13 Annual Fund. 

Thank you for supporting your Charleston Symphony.

For more information on giving, contact the Development Office at membership@charlestonsymphony.org
or (843) 723-7528, ext. 106.

 

Upcoming Events

<October 2014>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
View Full Calendar | Buy Tickets

Stay Connected

Sign Up for CSO eNewsletter to

Get Backstage Access

Charleston Symphony Orchestra
756 St. Andrews Blvd.
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
(843) 723-7528

News